Sensory Processing Yoga Foundation Course for people working with children with Sensory Processing Difficulties
At PACE in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire on the 21st November for teachers, parents and therapists working with children and young people with sensory processing difficulties. Cost £95.
Date: 21st November 2016, Time: 9:00 – 5:00
The PACE Centre, 156 Wendover Road, Aylesbury, Bucks. HP22 5TE
This one day course has been developed for therapists and professionals working with children with Sensory Processing Disorder.
Tutor: Mel Campbell; Occupational Therapist, Advanced Practitioner Sensory Integration, Yoga Teacher 500 RYT, Yoga Author
To gain a good understanding of the therapeutic practice of yoga to support children with Sensory Processing Difficulties (SPD).
This course combines theory and yoga practice for therapists and professionals working with children with SPD.
- Understand SPD and the effects on the nervous system
- Sensory integration and neuroplasticity and how yoga fits
- How poses, breath work, meditation, relaxation have an impact on the nervous system
- Develop tools to support Sensory Motor Disorders – Dyspraxia, Postural Motor Disorder
- Sensory Modulation – How to balance and support the nervous system with yoga
Participants will be required to engage in a focus group session at the end of the day to provide constructive feedback on the course content, delivery, etc.
Refreshments (but not lunch) are provided. Participants are advised to bring a packed lunch.
Cost: £95 (discounted from £125)
Please book early, as places are limited.
Call Annemie Boden on 01296 614 287 or email Annemie.Boden@thepacecentre.org